Communications regarding the Battery should be addressed
to the Battery Commander:
Chiloquin, OR 97624
In addition to joining the Battery, the recruit must be a member of either:
The Reenactors of the American Civil War (www.RACW.org)
Battle Born Civil War Reenactors (www.BBCWR.us)
Download membership form at the above sites.
Uniform and Equipage
In order of importance in case the recruit is to acquire them over time. The recruit has 18 months to fully outfit himself.
||Cadet or medium gray with solid red collar and cuffs, either CSA buttons or “A” artillery buttons
||Sky blue kersey wool (federal issue trousers)
||Early war style with dark blue band and red crown, brass crossed cannons on top; period slouch hats also acceptable
||Any shirt appropriate to the period
||Either brogans or period boots
||Any period style canteen (stainless steel highly recommended)
||(optional) Black belt with CSA or Alabama buckle
||(Optional): any period correct sidearm or carbine
(Any member of the Battery will be happy to assist with advice on uniforms, equipage and sources for same.)
Some Civil War sutlers who sell the above articles:
| C&C Sutlery
2790 E, Black Canyon Hwy
Emmett, Idaho 83617
C & D Jarnagin
PO Box 1860
Corinth, MS 38834-1860
49 Steinwehr Ave.
Gettysburg, PA 17325
PO Box 898
Mulino, OR 97042
Fall Creek Sutlery
P.O. Box 530
Freedom, CA 95019
7060 Joy Rd
Everson, WA 98247-9400
More complete lists of Sutlers are found on the various clubs’ websites.
- Fill out Hurt’s Battery Recruitment Form.
- Fill out membership form for RACW or BBCWR
- Write check for club membership dues (as needed).
- Write check for Hurt’s Battery Dues ($10.00 – made payable to Hurt's Battery).
- Send all of the above to Battery Commander (address above).
- Begin acquiring uniform and equipage (see list above).
- Download safety rules of the club you are joining and study for safety test.